Ah! My weekly recaps have become “biweekly” recaps! And it’s not because I haven’t been reading cool stuff – if anything, I’ve been reading so much it’s hard to keep track.
Here’s a selection – some are older than others.
- I’ve never heard the phrase “Zombie Economy” before, but it sounds devastating. And, at the risk of showing my roots – you think there’d be more demand if there were less systemic wealth inequality? (Ok – ok – enough from me! You’re not here for the politics! This post was actually one of my least read. I will attempt to pontificate less, I promise!)
- Here, they’ve given electric vehicles licence to use the fast lane. Yet another reason to want a Tesla.
- What’s Really Warming the World? (Thank you, Facebook friends!) Cool graphics.
- An interesting vignette about George H.W. to introduce a funny take on Samantha Bee’s new show. I didn’t watch the Daily Show as much as others, but I’d heard so many good things about Full Frontal that I had to give it a shot. I laughed out loud 3 times – I’m hooked.
- Thought-provoking book review about American growth. Basically, don’t expect too much more:
Specifically, he has argued that the I.T. revolution is less important than any one of the five Great Inventions that powered economic growth from 1870 to 1970: electricity, urban sanitation, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, the internal combustion engine and modern communication.
Ooo snap! But you know, he makes a point. Electricity! Sanitation! and then… Social Media. (Snapchat makes Facebook look so grown-up, it makes me sad.)