Here are the 2008 Election Results:
Here are the 2016 Election Results, to date:
You probably know now that Donald Trump had 279 Electoral College votes, and 59,611,678 popular votes; Hillary Clinton had 228 Electoral College votes, and 59,814,018 popular votes. 270 Electoral College votes wins.
Those numbers are tight, so the race was won in the swing states.
I think these are the tightest races:
- Trump won the 29 Florida Electoral College votes by 119,770.
- Trump won the 20 Pennsylvania Electoral College votes by 68,236.
- In Wisconsin, it was 27,257 (for 10 EC votes).
- Iowa, 148,133 (for 6 EC votes).
- In Michigan, 11,837 for 16 EC votes.
That means, Donald Trump is the victor by 107,330 votes, in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan.
Every vote does count.