I think my favourite instagram feed is the New Yorker Cartoon Feed. It is well-worth your time.
Speaking of funny, saw this ages ago, and it still makes me laugh. My cat has never met a keyboard she doesn’t like:
- About Domestic Cats: “For in truth, the humble house cat is one of the most stunning organisms on the planet. No creature is more exquisitely sensitive, and yet none is hardier. None beguiles us more but needs us less.“
- Cena, the black Labrador, after his service in Afghanistan. Made me cry. (Because dogs really are the best.)
- Z and I would totally be down for a Rogue Dogue. It’s the built-in dog wash that makes it – our guy is always muddy after long walks!
One of my favourite things to do on the weekend is have a cup of coffee and read a long piece of journalism – not fast headlines, but something complicated, multifaceted, and worth savouring. Here are two great options:
- Doomsday Prep for the Super-Rich was both thought-provoking and (surprisingly!) uplifting.
- Murder in the Lucky Holiday Hotel – I’d seen headlines about this case before, but this gives so much background. A fascinating study of the things people do to both achieve and retain power.